terça-feira, 30 de maio de 2017

Hi Students.Here's a simple way to review Simple Future

http://www.grammar.cl/Notes/Future_Will_vs_Going.htm

When to use WILL

We use WILL in the following circumstances:
1. For things that we decide to do now. (Rapid Decisions)
This is when you make a decision at that moment, in a spontaneous way.
  • I'll call a taxi for you.
  • I think we'll go right now. (I just decided this right now)
  • Which one? Um, I will have the chicken sandwich please.
2. When we think or believe something about the future. (Prediction)
This can be based on personal judgement or opinion.
  • The President will not be re-elected at the next election.
  • I think it will rain later so take an umbrella with you.
  • I think you will find the movie interesting.
Notice how you often use "I think..." before the subject + will.
3. To make an offer, a promise or a threat.
  • You look tired. I'll finish the dishes for you.
  • will do my best to help you.
  • If you say anything I will kill you!
  • will have it ready by tomorrow.
  • I'll drive you to work if you want.
  • Don't worry, I won't tell anyone. (won't = will not)
4. For a habit that is a predictable behaviour
  • My daughter will fall asleep as soon as she is put into bed.
  • He will give up if he starts losing. He always does that.
5. You use WON'T when someone refuses to do something.
  • I told him to clean his room but he won't do it.
  • She won't listen to anything I say.
  • Compare Will vs. Going To

    If someone asks: "Are you busy this evening?"
    If I respond: "Yes, I'm going to the movies." I use going to because it is a plan I made earlier (before I was asked the question). - In this case we cannot use Will.
    If I haven't made plans, then you can say either: "I will probably watch TV." OR "I'm probably going to watch TV."
    Both will and going to are possible in this situation because we are predicting what will happen (since we haven't made any plans).

The structure BE GOING TO is normally used to indicate the future in English. We use this structure:
1. When we have already decided or we INTEND to do something in the future. (Prior Plan)
The decision has been made before the moment of speaking.
  • I'm going to India next year.
  • We talked about it yesterday and I'm going to quit my job tomorrow.
2. When there are definite signs that something is going to happen. (Evidence)
Something is likely to happen based on the evidence or experience you have.
  • It's so cold! I think it is going to snow
3. When something is about to happen:
  • Get back! The bomb is going to explode.
  • LET'S PRACTICE
  Will vs. Be Going To, key included | FREE ESL worksheets

Um comentário: